Monday March 30th 7:30-9:00
THIS IS A FREE EVENT!
Are you expecting a new baby? Do you have one or more dogs at home? Would you like a smooth transition for you and your pets as you add a baby to your family?
You will learn:
- The ABCs of dog communication
- Arranging resources in advance
- Strategies for healthy first introductions
- Ideas for guiding the child-dog relationship as your child grows and your dog ages
- Helpful adaptive skills for both dogs and parents
- How to relate to your dog using R+ (positive reinforcement) methods
- How to improve the safety and quality of child-dog interactions
There will be an opportunity for Q&A. Attendees will receive access to online materials including suggestions for further reading.
Since this event is for talking about behavior rather than actively modifying behavior, we ask that you kindly leave your four-legged family members at home!
Elizabeth Ryan is a licensed massage therapist (OR #20838) and small animal massage practitioner making house calls in Portland, Beaverton, and Hillsboro, Oregon. She specializes in bodywork for pregnancy, postpartum, and babies, and provides maintenance, rehabilitation, and hospice massage for pets and service animals. Elizabeth is particularly interested in connecting growing families with information on building safe, humane intersections between parenting and dog-ownership. She lives in Beaverton with her husband and their rottweiler/mystery terrier Maggie.